Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let's indulge!

Even though I consider myself a healthy eater, I do have my moments of weakness. Don't we all?! I do have a lot of self-control, i.e. not ordering the pasta dish and opting for the grilled chicken salad when dining out. I enjoying eating veggies and healthy versions of classic dishes. As crazy as it sounds, sometimes it's fun to eat healthy! However, with that said I have to admit that I have the ultimate girly weakness - chocolate! Yum! My other weakness is the candy stash at work...but I am working on not giving in to the constant temptation!


Anyway, back to the chocolate! The other day, I happened to catch an amazing show on The Food Network called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". This show has me glued to my screen every time I catch it on TV. In this particular episode, chef Claire Robinson took us on a trip to Brooklyn, NY to visit a little bakery called "Baked". How apropos! Claire's dessert of choice was Baked's "Sweet and Salty Brownie". It basically made me salivate all over my remote control. The brownie consisted of dark chocolate, caramel and fleur de sel! I would certainly venture down to Brooklyn for this savory treat! 


After watching this episode, I was on a hunt for my own brownie concoction! I am a huge fan of Trader Joe's and shop their weekly. I picked up their "Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix"! I couldn't believe such a thing existed! Wow, it's amazing! One of the things I hate the most about baking brownies from Betty Crocker or Pillsbury brands is that it's always a greasy mess...and it always gives me a tummy ache. This mix has two ingredients: *the mix & 2/3 cups of non-fat vanilla yogurt* That's it! It was so delicious and a relatively healthier alternative to the fat-filled brownies our moms made. If you are anywhere near TJ's while you're in a chocolate-craving frenzy, run..don't walk! Pick this up and indulge without maxing out your diet bank account! 


(note my NYSC key fob in the picture-oh, the irony!)

1 comment:

  1. I so need to take a cue from you and indulge in this healthy alternative to brownies! I baked brownies yesterday, and this morning literally ate half the pan for breakfast! Not good!

    ReplyDelete