Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dining out


Have you ever had so many choices that it's impossible for you to make a decision? Well, that's exactly how I feel sometimes when Nick and I try to pick a new restaurant to try here in Manhattan. It can be a maddening task-I always feel pressure to find something on the menu we would both like, that it's a nice location, decent reviews..ahh! It drives me nuts. It's as if I was choosing my last meal before walking The Green Mile. But when this happens, sometimes I opt for picking our favorite go-to place here on the UES: Beyoglu. The food is not amazingly inventive or gormet..it's just good! My favorites are the spinach with greek yogurt and the shepherd salad. The Turkish/Greek cuisine never lets you down..it's always flavorful, healthy and leaves you feeling good afterwards. Everyone says that you should "eat like a tourist in Greece". This food never disappoints. Check it out next time you are in the city or if you're as indecisive as me :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh God, that food looks sooo good! Try living in a town of about 5,000 and choosing from 7 fast food restaurants and only !2! "fine" dining eateries--one that's in an old red barn--I don't know who's calling them fine, but it's not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I know! That's kind of how my hometown is. The grass is always greener....NYC is amazing because you can get any type of food you want delivered to you in about 20 minutes. I can just never make up my mind :)

    ReplyDelete