Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To a new beginning...chin chin!

shirt: navy blue/white striped ruffle button-up {gap}
bottoms: charcoal gray dress-up pants {j.crew}
shoes: navy blue and silver velvet flats {guess} 
bag: black {longchamp}

I have always dreamed of moving to New York City! But then again, who doesn't!!?? Growing up only 40 miles north of NYC in Westchester County, the city has always been an exciting place to visit occasionally but never for an extended stay...only a fancy dinner here and a day-trip there. As much as NYC seems to encapsulate itself in this "melting pot" image where all people from all walks of life are welcome...it certainly didn't feel very welcoming in the beginning. It felt exclusive and the Manhattanites seemed to be a little too rough-around-the-edges for my liking. Perky, polite, pink-loving, preppy me seemed to stand out as a little too sweet..too much of a "nice girl-next-door". But that's me and I love it!  

Like everything in life, it's always what you make of the situation that you're in. After all, I am a born-and-raised New Yorker! I have to remember that sometimes... Moving away from my family was very difficult. Even while in college, my parents were always within my reach. That's why I chose Fordham University, a lovely college only a few short miles from my hometown. But now I am officially grown up and on my own! Wow, it's scary to even type out that sentence: grown up and on my own. Wait, when did this happen?! Truthfully, I lead a blessed life here in Manhattan...but I am still searching for my own identity, my own niche. I can't wait to see what happens :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment