Monday, January 25, 2010

Rainy days...

This morning, myself and 8.3 million of my fellow New Yorkers woke up to a miserable, dreary day. The only thing worse than a rainy day...is being in New York City on a rainy day! Getting around the city can be challenging on a good day, but any sort of inclement weather seems to make everything just a wee bit more difficult. I found myself running out of my apartment feeling very rushed, attempting to open my broken umbrella that I unknowingly grabbed by mistake, and rushing into my local 91st street Starbucks for some much-needed liquid energy. After realizing that carrying my soy vanilla latte was going to be near impossible while trying to balance all the baggage I have with me on daily basis-my Longchamp, my gym bag, and now my piece-of-junk umbrella-I decided to sit down for a few minutes to take a breather and take a few sips of my latte. There was no rush really since I always leave for work earlier than I need to (that's what happens when you have to rely on unreliable mass transportation). Luckily, I live very close to the 86th Street subway station which I use to hop on either the 4, 5, or 6 train to 59th Street. I don't know how I managed to make it down the dirty, crowded and wet subway steps and into the 6 train as fast as I did! I dragged myself into work looking worse than if a cab ran me over while I crossed Park Avenue. I really do wish people would learn to use some umbrella etiquette!

Thankfully, my day was completely uphill from there. I caught up with my work friends about their weekends, enjoyed a delicious salad for lunch that I had made the night before and got lots of tedious work done. Enough complaining, right? Here are a few little things that made me survive this rainy day: 


My Hunter boots in classic black. I don't know how anyone in the city can live without these! Best purchase I have made in a while :)


My Essie nail polish in "Ballet Slippers"-can't argue with a classic!
 

My classic Banana Republic trench that I recently scored..on sale! Thankfully it was about 60 degrees out today!


Because well, there's nothing like giving in to your sweet tooth after a long and stressful day... 

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to New York, but I'm dying to go... I'm a Cali girl at heart, but I live in Alaska now. I've traveled plenty, just never really made it to the East Coast. Someday...

    I love how you described it though! I can almost guarantee I would be overwhelemed daily!

    ReplyDelete