Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gym bunny :)

shirt: basic black v-neck cotton shirt {h&m}
skirt: black pencil skirt {h&m}
accessories: metallic gold skinny belt {j.crew}
shoes: gold ballet flats {target} 


I hate the expression "gym rat". Living in NYC has made me extremely sensitive to the word "rat". But I won't go there... I consider myself a "gym bunny": a girl who works out hard (not as hard as she could) but enough to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle. I will not lie to you, I do NOT enjoy working out. I do it because I have to. We all know we should and I am lucky that I have the time and means to do so. Everyday when I get off the subway on my commute home, my first instinct is to zoom right past the 91st & 3rd New York Sports Club like I was being chased by a pack of rabid dogs. Sometimes I give in to this "laziness" and make a bee line to my apartment. But 9 times out of 10, I suck it up and attempt to de-stress by way of the treadmill. Thankfully for me, it does relieve my stress. I find that if I bring my workout gear all the way to work in the morning I'll be more inclined to go to the gym..because after all, I lugged it all this way! Blah. OK, enough complaining. It's taken me a long time to accept the fact that nothing helps your body the way exercise does. Nothing. But of course, you get out of it what you put into it. It's an big effort, but it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment