Sunday, June 6, 2010

Exploring Chelsea...

(about to head to Chelsea)

My love affair with Manhattan is still in full swing. Just when I think I have seen all of the different nooks and crannies this city has, I discover new places and experiences. Recently, Nick and I have had more free time since another of his exams have come and gone. We took advantage of this time by walking around Chelsea (my mom joined us too!), a very chic and artsy area in NYC. It's known for fabulous brownstones and world-reknown art galleries. Since we live on the Upper East Side, we had to take our 6 subway train to 51st and transfer to the E subway train to get to Chelsea, which is on the west side. Among the places we went to, we visited Chelsea Market (home of the Food Network offices) and the High Line (a garden path that hangs above the streets between 20th and 14th St along 10th ave). Needless to say, we had an amazing few days just seeing the most we could of the neighborhood! I would definitely recommend this area to anyone who appreciates eclectic and charming atmospheres. 
(Chelsea Market has such great vendors, from a french Creperie to all-natural popsicle stand made with fresh fruit!)


(walking the High Line)

No comments:

Post a Comment