Sunday, July 25, 2010

A night out at Mesa Grill!

Though I cook most nights during the week, the thought of whipping up a huge dinner on my weekends has not been very appealing to me lately. Despite the fact that the weekends are when I have the most time, it's so easy to step out of my door and have a great meal at one of the many restaurants NYC has to offer. My cousin Mary Eileen and boyfriend Nick spent Saturday having a fun dinner at Mesa Grill in the East Village. As many know, Bobby Flay is the owner and executive chef! I happen to adore Bobby Flay and watch him constantly on the Food Network. The staff was so friendly and helpful as we gazed at the menu forever. There were just too many wonderful options! The three of us all seemed to chose a seafood dish. They were simple, but in such a creative way. 


There are so many culinary options in Manhattan that it sometimes makes my head spin. I tend to stay away from the pricey restaurants because most of them are overrated. Restaurant Week in NYC is a great time to experience the best restaurants in NYC for a prix-fixe menu totally around $35. You can chose an appetizer, entree and dessert at places that would otherwise be way out of my price range. Restaurant week occurs usually in the months of January and June. If you are in NYC during the next Restaurant Week, I would definitely recommend visiting a fancy restaurant that you would never have thought you could afford...for only$35! You're friends will never know! 





1 comment:

  1. great pics

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete